Membership in a parent participation nursery school is a family experience. Children, parents and teachers have the opportunity to grow both socially and emotionally. We gain skills and knowledge by observing and participating with one another.
For our children – an opportunity:
– To be themselves and develop at their own rate.
– To express themselves through art and play materials freely and constructively.
– To learn to be tolerant, creative, cooperative and imaginative.
– To learn to be independent…able to solve their own problems and do things for themselves.
– To enjoy a preschool experience that will simplify adjustment to elementary school and other social situations.
– To learn to establish close relationships with adults other than their family.
– To learn limits of behavior regarding safety, health, and respect for the rights of others.
– To build feelings of self-confidence and security and an acceptance of reality.
– To extend and enrich their understanding of the world.
– To increase their ability to handle their emotions constructively.
For ourselves – an opportunity:
– To share our child’s first experience away from home.
– To become more aware of the child’s world and understand his/her behavior based on knowledge of growth and development.
– To achieve a more positive approach to our child-adult relationship through professional guidance and shared experience with other parents.
– To provide techniques of working with children and insight into human relationships, through participation in the parent education program.
– To increase our understanding of the needs of the other adults and the needs of the group.
– To appreciate and accept one another for who we are.